Pumpkin Pickin'

Growing up in California both in the desert and along the coast, I didn't really get to experience seasons quite like the rest of the country. When I was younger, I lived in Utah, but I was so young that I didn't appreciate what happened right around October. All I really cared about was which kind of candy I was going to get on Halloween, and what I was going to be that year. I was Captain Jean-Luc Picard three years in a row. But I digress.

Now that I live in Colorado, I'm getting the whole fall/autumn fever that comes with the pumpkin pies and falling leaves. These leaves are right outside our yard.

Yep...they're as crunchy and fun as they look. I have tested them and approved them.
Along with this fever comes the fever for pumpkins. So some friends and I (after recovering from last night's outing to the bars) went pumpkin picking. I had to sport some appropriate nails for the occasion. Originally I wanted to do a Konad/Bundle Monster of the Jack O' Lantern stamp I have, but I don't have an orange polish that stamps really well, so I bailed on that idea. Instead, I just went with a pumpkin-y colored polish from China Glaze called Papaya Punch and some Nubar 2010.  Here's the result:


In-the-shade shot.
Pretty damn close huh?
I picked a perfectly round pumpkin at the second patch we went to. The first was so picked over only the rotting ones were left. I will give the first one some credit for being more family-fun friendly though. They had tractor rides, a corn maze (albeit a pathetic one that even my short-ass self could see over) and a petting zoo (with kittens?). Usually the petting zoo would win me over, but we already had an animal with us, so I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment