Miss Professional Nail Sation Polish Review

I've got some YUMMY swatches today!


Have you ever heard of Sation polish? It's the signature brand of Miss Professional Nail. They recently re-branded and completely modernized the brand, making it more modern with a custom-made bottle and brush. Both of these revamped features were wonderful to work with. The shape of the bottle fits well in a Helmer. Comparable in height to China Glaze bottles (slightly bigger) but less wide, it's a pretty perfect shape. The bottle isn't a perfect circle, which lends itself well to stuck caps that need a strong grip to untwist.

The brush's bristles were all very even on the bottles I was sent, and the shape was great. I had no problems with application that came from the brush.

All the polishes I'm going to show you are formaldehyde, DBP & toluene-free, available at Miss Professional Nail for $5.

First, let's look at three polishes from their new limited summer collection, California Gleamin', which you can buy soon this week over at Miss Professional Nail. (I was most excited about these colors.)

Love at First Lavender

Love at First Lavender

This is Love at First Lavender. Yep, we started with a bang. A bang of a ridiculously bright, ridiculous addicting lavender shade. What you're seeing is color-accurate. It really does come across that bright on your nail, and it really is that stunning. I loved the formula for this one, and it took two very effortless coats to reach 100% opacity.

Next is Fan the Flames Fuchsia.

Fan the Flames Fuchsia

Fan the Flames Fuchsia

Another eye-catching shade, Fan the Flames Fuchsia applied flawlessly as well in two coats. These were my two favorites in the bunch because I'm a huge sucker for creme polishes. I bet if you saw this on a stranger's nails, you'd either stop to ask them what it was and where to get it, or you'd do the secret "I hate that girl" thing all girls inevitably do to girls they're feeling a little jealousy towards.

The last polish from California Gleamin' doesn't fall in the same realm as the previous two, so I'm curious to see what the rest of the line holds that would tie this in.

Seriously Slate

Seriously Slate

This is Seriously Slate. Not a creme like the other two, and much less easy to work with. It's one of those streaky polishes that takes three careful coats to reach the level of opacity and become even on the nail. Once it's there though, it's pretty great. You can see the little pieces of shimmer in the gun-metal grey. Those make it special and help save it from the poor formula.

The next two polishes can both be purchased from Miss right now. First up, Strawberries.

Strawberries

Strawberries

This one pleases me greatly. It's so bright, and has more hints of orange than some other reds, which I prefer. It's perfectly named too. The color reminds me of the leftover strawberry juice that winds up all over your hands when you're cutting up strawberries. Like Seriously Slate, there are little flecks of shimmer, which you can see a bit better below.


It didn't apply as opaquely as Fan the Flames Fuchsia or Love at First Lavender, but in two coats it was perfect. I think this may be considered a jelly, but I'm still a bit confused about the lingo behind different polish formulas. This is a great color and formula though, and I'm please it's part of my collection now. My ever-growing, ever over-flowing collection.

The last solo polish I'll show you today is Electrical Storm, a tricky girl.

Electrical Storm

I say Electrical Storm was tricky because it's a very thin, pearly iridescent that's a damn chameleon. (That's a good thing.) It needs lots of coats (4-5) to reach a good level, but even then it's certainly not opaque. That's okay though. You shouldn't buy an iridescent like this expecting it to be an opaque polish. It's meant to give your nail more life, and I like it best worn the way I have here. You can still see my nail line underneath, but the pearl color distracts enough from that, also magically elongating my nails somehow. Maybe that's just white shades that do that for me. 

The chameleon polish changes in whichever light it's in, sometimes going a little green, sometimes a little blue, but predominantly purple, as you can see in my shot. Careful with this one, it takes a while to dry, even with a quick-dry topcoat.

Were you counting? If so, you'll notice there's an extra bottle in the top picture I haven't gotten to yet. (Or you just saw the glitter and asked yourself "WHERE IS THAT ONE?!") Hold tight, because this one's a crowd pleaser.

Silver Glitter is the last in the bunch of polishes I was sent, and I thought it best to show it to you over the other 5 colors you've already seen. Each of these swatches is one layer on top of the other colors.

Silver Glitter over Electrical Storm

Silver Glitter over Love at First Lavender

 Silver Glitter over Fan the Flames Fuchsia

Silver Glitter over Strawberries

 Silver Glitter over Seriously Slate

So good right? Overall I'm thrilled with these polishes. I love that they're cheap, you can get them online, and their formulas are mostly easy to work with. I can't wait until they release the full lineup for California Gleamin'. If the colors are as eye-poppingly lovely as Love at First Lavender and Fan the Flames Fuchsia, they'll be big hits in my book.

These products were sent to me by Miss Professional Nail. The reviews are based entirely on my experience with the products and were in no way influenced by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment