Before & After: Texture tips

Hello!!

I'm still playing catch-up with my challenges, and today I'm catching up with the Mish Mash Challenge! This week's theme was to do a tape mani, so I decided to play with texture and do a funky French look. :)

I started with a base of Top Shop Phenomena, a dark olive green with a glass fleck finish; this can coat with one coat, but I used two to be sure:


Top Shop Phenomena, artificial light

Top Shop Phenomena, full sunlight




Next I taped off the area for two stripes, and painted one with Orly Black Pixel, and one with Orly Plum Pixel (my scores at the Red Tag Clearance sale!):





What I like about this: I like the purple and the green together, with the black tip, and I love the combination of the glass-fleck base and the textured stripes. It's hard to capture the textural difference, so I took a fan-type pose picture so you could see different light angles on the polish. It's simple, but dramatic. :)

Hope your week is off to a good start, thanks for stopping by! Hugs and love,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment