Before & After: Metallic Sugar Skulls

Hello!

This week in the Kimber's Challenge, we're doing a metallic theme. I didn't want to go for the obvious, so I tried out something a bit different for me...

First off, I started off with a PINK base polish--I know, right?--Finger Paints I Spy-Der:

Finger Paints I Spy-Der, artificial light

This is a fairly sheer polish that I think is meant for layering; this is three coats and there were still some bald areas. I left it like that because I knew I was going to be topping it with other things. :)

Next, I added a coat of LynBdesigns Wait Wait Wait Is This A Kissing Book?, which is a gold-and-magenta flake polish. I then added to this with some nail foil; I used one which is a rainbow of purple, orange and gold, to build on the metallic speck look. I finished off with a sugar skull from Cheeky Jumbo plate 1; I stamped it with Barry M Silver Foil and layered some heart and circle studs for dimension:


Beware the crazy eyes...





What do you think, is it metallic enough? I can't tell if I think that skull is just creepy or on a crazy acid trip. Well, I suppose there's no need to decide...

Thanks for taking a look, and don't forget the other metallic manis, linked below. :)

Hugs and loves,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment