Polish Days: Back To Nature

Hello!!

It's that time of month again, time for Polish Days! This month's theme is 'Back To Nature', and I took this opportunity to execute something I've been wanting to try for a while now, my version of a Monet-esque design on my nails.

I started off with a base of Maya It's Not Easy (every time I see that name, my brain adds on 'being green' lol). This is a pretty medium green with green and off-white glitters:






I wore this for a while on its own and I'm glad I did, because my nail art covered all of the pretty glitter, lol.

To give layered dimension, I stamped some daisies over the base color in Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime, and put yellow dots in the center with Sally Hansen Lightning. Then, using first the green, I saran-wrapped over the stamping, and then followed with a second layer of saran-wrap texture with the yellow:




Then I stamped over the background using Konad plate m57; first I stamped with Sinful Colors Dancing Nails, and then I stamped overlapping with Ana Hickman Escandalo!. Finally, I put dots in the center of the dark flowers using Julep Sienna:





I am in love with how this turned out, it reminds me of a beautiful impressionist garden scene. I love the play of texture and color, with little peeps of the underlying flowers showing through a tiny bit here and there. Hope you like it, too.

Thanks for looking, and please check out the other 'Back To Nature' manicures gathered together for this February Polish Day!

Xoxox,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment