Azature Polish Review and Swatches

Azature, the creators of the most expensive nail polish in the world, have created a more affordable taste of luxury with polishes that each contain a real diamond in every bottle.

Sorry...WHAT?! A diamond...in a polish...for $25?!

I don't really know what else to say about it. To be honest, I thought the whole idea of polish with a diamond in it was a huge waste of money. The cost of the polishes is still outrageous in terms of polish. No one I know would pay $25 for a single bottle of polish. Who cares...they sparkle...can't you get that sparkle in less expensive, diamondless polishes? 

I'm not so sure you can. Even the thin yellow polish that took 5 coats to reach a decent opacity still sparkled higher than most other polish I own or have seen. So I suppose diamonds really do make the difference in sparklability. 

EDIT: I tweeted Azature to clear up my confusion below, and they confirmed: "There is a floating, fully-cut, and faceted black diamond". 

Now let me clear something up...I think. When I first saw these, I assumed that there were crushed up diamonds in the polish, but now that I think about it more, I think there's just a diamond floating around in the polish. This makes more sense, so I apologize for my stupidity. I'm right in my second assumption, right?


I was lucky enough to be sent not one, but two Azature polishes: Azature Canary and Azature Blue.



Azature Canary is a very yellow yellow. It's not masked by anything, and is truly just a bright yellow. Because of this, it's thin, and requires a lot of build up (5 coats here). I didn't really love that about the yellow, especially knowing it's $25 a pop for the bottle and you need to use a lot of it right off the bat. After it's all built up though it's wonderful, as I'm sure you'll agree.



Azature Blue is more wonderful to me. It's royal blue and absolutely beautiful. Each speck of sparkle (whether it's chunks of diamond or just glitter) brings out the blue that much more, and I can't stop adjusting my hands to catch the light and the sparkle. I only needed 2 coats for this polish.

Both polishes look better with a layer of top coat on them since they are slightly textured from the pieces of glitter...or diamond. I'm still not sure. I used Seche Vite, and no visible texture remained. 

For the nail art, I used Azature Blue, essie's Mesmerized and OPI's Don't Pretzel My Buttons to make a fun rope outlining my half moon. Looking at these swatches again though, I'm not sure it needed nail art, because it really does sparkle.


If you have the spare change, or are looking for a gift idea to give to your boyfriends, then consider this. Again, it's an outrageous amount to spend on polish, diamonds or not, but it is unique and may be worth the price.

You can purchase Azature from their online store. 


These products were sent to me by Azature. The reviews are based entirely on my experience with the products and were in no way influenced by anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment