NOTD: China Glaze Peachy Keen + BM06

Hello!

Today's theme in the CNT 31 Day Challenge is 'Ombre or Skittle'.  The manicure for today is a type of skittle, but where only the color of the stamping changes from nail to nail.

I started out with a base of China Glaze Peachy Keen, and stamped on it using Bundle Monster plate BM06 on each nail with a different color: Konad red, and Sally Hansen Insta-dry Lively Lilac, Brisk Blue, and Lickety-Split Lime. I finished up with a rhinestone at the top of each, and a coat of Seche Vite, of course:

Fields of psychedelic flowers...

I wasn't sure quite how I felt about the rhinestones, so on my other hand, I put them on the second circle down, and I think I like this better:




I really like this; it has a pop art sort of feel to it. I like it so much I wore it this way for over a day (OMG). Then I went all crazy and decided maybe there was too much negative space at the top, so I tried this:



At first I was pretty sure that I had taken it too far yet again, lol. But I sat with it for a few hours and it began to grow on me. Yes, it's a lot of color. A lot. Of color. Yes. It is. But...sometimes I need some bright, happy color in my life. This brings out my child-like side and makes it impossible to take myself, or life, too seriously. And I can certainly use that from time to time. :)

Thanks for taking a look! Please check out the other 'ombre or skittle' manis linked below. :)

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment