Before & After: Sparkly flower dotticure fail...

Hello!!

I'm starting a new challenge today, and while I don't think I'll be able to do every single day, I'm going to try my best. So in that spirit, I present you with Crumpet Nail Tart's 33 Day Challenge! Yes, 33 days! Why? Because 31 days is not enough to contain a Crumpet Nail Tart!

Today we kick off the challenge with dots. The start date snuck up on me, so I'm pulling one out of the vault, and I apologize up-front that it was done back when my cuticles were...struggling. :(

I started with a base of Ruby White Tips The Sword, a sparkly lilac scattered holo:





I am on a continuing journey to perfect my use of dotting tools to accent the center of flowers...this seems like a simple thing, but I always manage to mess it up someway, with the wrong color, etc. For this attempt, I stamped using Pueen 19, with Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime. Then I used my dotting tools to create the centers of the flowers with Sally Hansen Lively Lilac on three of the nails (which I like), and Color Club In Theory (which I don't):






While I don't like how the dots worked out on the ring finger, I do like how the orange picks up the sparkle in the holo. :)

I wasn't sure if I should share this manicure both because of the horrible state of my cuticles, but because I wasn't completely happy with the results. However, back in the day when I started this blog, part of my mission was to show the struggles as well as the wins. So today we have a struggle, lol!

Thanks for taking a look; don't forget to check out the other dotticures below. Hugs, peace, and love,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment