Inspired by: my shirt!

Hello!!

I recently joined a Facebook group that is designed for people who blog about nails as a hobby. It's a fun, supportive group, and I'm really enjoying it. Part of what they have is a very relaxed monthly challenge, that you do at your own pace, and has 4 manicures per month. I'm late to the party because I just joined, but I figured I better get a move on! :)

The first prompt is 'Inspired By Fashion'. Well, it just so happens I'd been inspired to create a manicure to go with a shirt I wanted to wear, so I figured it would work just fine. First, here is my shirt, or rather, part of it:




I didn't want to copy it exactly, so I reversed the colors. I started with a light brown suede matte polish, and then stamped on it with Konad black using an image from Pueen plate 15. Then I added a few copper-colored microbeads to mimic the beads in the shirt:




What do you think? I like that the matte polish matches the matte feel of the print on the shirt, and although the flowered print is different, it's close enough to look very complementary, I think. :)

Thanks for taking a look! Please check out all the other awesome manicures my fellow group-mates created, linked below. :)

Love and peace. :)
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment