NOTD Before & After: Color Club Glitter Envy

Hello!

Today I have a manicure I did as a birthday manicure for a fellow polish fanatic's daughter. At first I didn't make a post of it, but I love it and I love that the ladies in our stamping group came together and all did manicures for her, so I decided to share it here.

This isn't quite a Before & After because I did put on the Glitter Envy knowing I was going to use it specifically for this manicure. But I did enjoy it on its own for a little while, so it kind of counts. :) Glitter envy is a green-apple green with a TON of holographic glitter in it, in a jelly-like base. You need at least three coats of it if you're going to wear it alone, but I personally think this is a gorgeous layering polish:


Color Club Glitter Envy



I have three coats here with no topcoat. You can see even with three coats there is some visible nail line. I knew I was ultimately going to be stamping over it and I didn't want any additional glitter, so I left it like that.

The young lady in question was turning nine, and loves ladybugs, so I wanted something young and centered around ladybugs. This is the design I came up with...First I used Red Angel plate RA121 to stamp the flowers with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Lightning. Then I used Mash plate 32 to stamp the ladybugs with Konad black. After that, I used a dotting tool to apply Konad red to the ladybugs and Color Club's Ultra Violet to dot the centers of the flowers. I applied a layer of Seche Vite and voila! My hope is that it would look like ladybugs crawling around in lawn covered with small flowers:


Birthday ladybug bonanza!



When I did it, I originally did it with her in mind, but after I saw the final product I fell in love with it and didn't want to take it off.  Maybe that's because I'm a closet ladybug lover myself...:)

Thanks for looking,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment