Comparison post: Black & White glitters, done Halloween style!

Hello!

Ages ago, a reader asked if I could do a comparison post on my black-and-white glitters. I said I would, but then it got pushed back and backer. I have it today, and I hope it's not too late to be useful! And to make it festive, I've given it a Halloween twist by putting them over Misa Um You're Too Delicious.


Let's take a look! Here's what I have:

Thumb: China Glaze Whirled Away
Index: Laquerlicious Zebra Kisses
Middle: Me.Lissa QR Code
Ring: InDecisive Nail Lacquer Newspaper
Pinkie: Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared


China Glaze Whirled Away; Laquerlicious Zebra Kisses; Me.Lissa QR Code; InDecisive Nail Lacquer Newspaper; Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared

China Glaze Whirled Away

Laquerlicious Zebra Kisses; Me.Lissa QR Code; InDecisive Nail Lacquer Newspaper; Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared



Many of you are probably saying that a girl really only needs one black-and-white glitter, and certainly doesn't need 5 of them. To that, I say the following:

....la la la la I'm not listening la la la la la...... Did you say something?

Anyhow, hee hee, here are my thoughts on each of them, because I truly do love each and every one:

China Glaze Whirled Away: I know this got a lot of thumbs-down in the blogosphere, but I truly love it. I love the different sized hexes and yes, I even love the bar glitter. It's really fun and has a circus-like feel to it.

Laquerlicious Zebra Kisses: Shards, shards, shards!! And shards that behave well! They don't stick up or snag, and they add pizzazz to any manicure.

Me.Lissa Lacquer QR Code: I adore square and rectangle glitter to start with. Give it a variety of sizes, and it looks like someone took a chess board and blew it up in space, so the bits are just floating around. And it may be the most perfectly named polish ever.

InDecisive Nail Lacquer Newspaper: What I love best about this is that it's black-white-and-gray; the addition of the gray gives it an extra textural feel. I also love that the glitter in this is smaller, so I can create a more dense visual feel when I want it.

Dandy Nails Colorblind Squared: This was my first black-and-white, and I was so happy to get it. It also has a smaller feel to it, when I want to add something to the manicure, but don't want it to become the sole focus--but in this case I can do it with squares, and I think I've already established where I stand on squares. :)

My apologies again that it took so long to get this up--I try to be fast with reader requests, but this one just kicked my tushie!

Hugs and loves,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment