Before & After: Rocky Horror Vampire

Hello!!

Today's theme in the Lacquer Dreams Halloween Challenge is Horror Movies! And I've decided on a manicure that revolves around the move Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Okay, I hear you. You aren't quite sure if this qualifies as a 'Horror Movie'. I see where you're coming from...I can undertand your hesitation. Let's work through this together.

1) It is as much a fixture of Halloween as any other Horror movie.
2) Some of the acting and writing is deliciously Horrific.
3) It's a deconstruction of the Horror genre which takes into account the social norms upon which many horror movies play, and flouts them in a way that is so intelligent it fools you into thinking it's just silly and possible inane at times.
4)  Hey, the word 'Horror' is right in the title! ;-)

There have I convinced you? Or do I have to send Frankenfurter after your husband? Still no? Then all I can say is, Dammit (Janet), just lean back and enjoy the mani!!

I started out with a base of Color Club Berry And Bright, a wonderfully confusing color that is neither fully red nor fully not red--oh, how appropriate:

Color Club Berry & Bright, 2 coats, indirect sunlight

Then I stamped on it first with Bundle Monster 323 and Pure Ice Silver Mercedes (and Konad black on the accent nail); then I stamped with HD01 to add on the vampire mouth:




I forgot to moisturize before I took the shots, so my apologies if the cuticles are a little gnarly. Wait a minute--that's very UN-Rocky Horror, to apologize like that!!! I take it all back!!!!

Hope you enjoyed it...I'm off to do the Time Warp again...

Hugs and lots of toast,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment