Before & After: Inspired by nature

Hello!

So I didn't quite make this in on time for the May challenge in my Hobby Polish Bloggers group, but it's not my fault, I joined the group in the middle of the month! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The theme for this manicure is 'Inspired by nature' and gave me a chance to do something I've been wanting to do for some time--do a manicure with dried flowers. :)

I started with a base of Julep Etta, a pretty frosted light avocado green:


Julep Etta, indirect sun




Next I stamped some leaves with with China Glaze Holly-Day and LeaLac plate LL-A. Finally, I used some purple dried flowers and cut them apart; I used one clump of them on my middle finger, and on the other fingers I arranged sprays with single flowers placed strategically:









I finished this off with two coats of Seche Vite. You might be wondering how well the flowers stay put, even with the Seche Vite...well, I took a shower about an hour after doing this manicure, and they didn't go anywhere. They hold up surprisingly well. :)

I'm really happy with how this came out, although I think I like the individually place bundles rather than the one group that I left intact.

Let me know if you'd like a tutorial on this, I'd be happy to make one. :)

Hugs and polish love,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment