Before & After: Egyptian Era

Hello!!!

This week in the Llama Nails Time Periods challenge we're on to the Egyptian time period. I love all things Ancient Egyptian and was excited to do this manicure; I've been wanting to use my hieroglyphic image for ages. :)

There's a small story behind the polish I chose for my base color. As I've mentioned on the blog, while I've loved nail polish since I was a little girl, my obsession with it and nail art started when I discovered Konad about this time last year. Shortly after, when browsing through Ninja Polish, I discovered NerdLacquer...Before I even really knew what 'indies' were, I fell in love with it, based on the cool colors and awesome names (she had me at 'Entirely Unlike Tea'). I clicked on 'notify me when in stock' and waited. And waited. And waited.

After a while I sort of got the feeling something was up, and I decided to ask about it in one of my polish groups. I found out at that time that Amanda, the maker of NerdLacquer, had gone missing...nobody knew what had happened or if she'd ever be back.

I was sadface.

You can imagine my excitement when she showed back up again and announced she'd be starting to make polish again. Me and the rest of the polish universe. I missed her first release, because it was at a bad time for me. But her last restock was at a time I could make! So I poured over the polishes and made my list so at the target time, I could get what I needed before she sold out.

And that's when the story went to a dark, dark place.

Her restock was at 1:00 pm. I I refreshed, and suddenly things were in stock! I clicked, added to cart. Clicked, added to cart. Three more times. When I added the 6th polish, all within less than 30 seconds, the cart page came up...and I'd been cart-jacked. All of my polishes except two were gone. I wasn't sure what had happened--I'd never been cart-jacked before! I went back and the polishes were sold out now. As I did, it dawned on me what happened, and I realized I'd better go back and check out quick! I did, and a third polish had shown up--I still don't now if I clicked it or what--and I didn't look to see what it was, I just checked out as quickly as I could, so I wouldn't lose what I had.

When I finished my checkout, the time was: 1:04pm. In less than four minutes she had sold out.

I went to my receipt to see which polishes I'd manage to get, and there was one on there I hadn't intended to buy--The Ring. In the craziness I must have clicked on it, but I don't remember doing so. I was a bit worried about it at first, because gold polishes really aren't my thing, except for nail art. But then I figured, who cares! It's a NerdLacquer, and if I don't like it, I'm quite certain I'll be able to find it a loving home.

But I'll tell you this...I still have nightmares from the trauma of the cart-jacking...::sobs::...(kidding...mostly...lol)

When I got the polish, I was happy to discover it's a deeper gold color, and has red micro-glitter in it--we all know how I feel about red. So when I was looking to start my Egyptian manicure, I thought, what could be more Egyptian than a deep gold, with bits of red? Here it is:


NerdLacquer The Ring

NerdLacquer The Ring

Next I stamped over it with the hieroglyphic image from LLC-A, using Konad Black. On my ring finger I added an Eye of Ra with Sally Hansen Rapid Red, using Mash plate 36:







How cool is it the way that the gold glitters catch the light and peek out from under the hieroglyphs? I adore the way this came out, although I think I'd do it with Konad Red next time to make it a bit more opaque over the black stamping.

What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to check out the other Egyptian manicures, linked below. :)

Xoxox,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment