Polish Days: Vintage

Hello!

This month's theme for Polish Days is Vintage. If you've been following me for a while, you probably know I adore anything vintage--colors, patterns, fashions, you name it. So you know I was one hap-hap-happy lady when I saw the announcement for this. :)

I started out with a base of Misa Got It Made In The Shade, which is definitely a vintage-y shade of soft antique light sage green creme:



Next I sponged the tips of the nails with Color Club Nouveau Vintage; I discovered when I tested this out that it separates a bit into a metallic green with a brownish-pink at the edge, which is another perfect set of vintage colors. Then, I wanted to go for an antique-letter sort of look, so I stamped with Konad black on all nails; I used Bundle Monster plate BM311 for the lettering (unfortunately, the loop from the big 'love' on the plate shows up and I soft of wish it didn't...oh well), and Drikk plate Drk-C for the postmarks:






I love how it came out, and for once the Konad polish bleed actually works for the manicure, like it's been streaked by tears or some liquid over time. The only thing I'd change is I might stamp with a dark brown if I were to do it again rather than black, what do you think?

Thanks for looking! And please check out the other entries in this month's Polish Days challenge!!

Xoxox,
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment