Before & After: Stone Age

Hello!!

Today's prompt in my Llama Nails Time Periods challenge is the Neanderthal/Stone Age period. Whenever I think of this period, I think of cave paintings...so I googled some to get some inspiration. When I saw this one from a cave in Chitradurga, I jumped for joy, because it has the exact same skill level as my free-hand abilities!


Chitradurga cave painting


Because I've been playing around with my new China Glaze hologlams, I started with a base of Galactic Grey, a dark slate grey holo:



China Glaze Galactic Grey



China Glaze Galactic Grey

Next I saran-wrapped over the top with Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris, to create the mottled look of the background. Then I free-handed some of the figures from the painting with Wet n Wild White Creme:




Finally, I put some matte topcoat over the whole thing to give it more of a chalk-and-stone sort of look:



What do you think?! I think it came out really cool, and it actually looked good on, like an abstract-y black-and-white print. :)

Thanks for stopping by! For more Stone Age manis, check out the links below. :)

Xoxox,
M.



No comments:

Post a Comment